We offer private pay COVID-19 testing for essential travel reasons. Please read this page completely and carefully.
Note: Passengers Going To China From Canada
Quoting the recent travel changes noted by the Chinese Embassy in Canada:
In order to reduce cross-border transmission of Covid-19, starting from 7 November, 2020, all Chinese and foreign passengers who are to fly from Canada to China will be required to take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests within two days before boarding, and provide certificates of negative results of both tests.
All passengers going to China via direct flights must take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests within two days before boarding. The Chinese Embassy and Consulates in Canada accept test results issued by any medical institution, hospital, or pharmacy recognized by the Canadian public health authorities.
Foreigners going to China via connecting flights must take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests in Canada within two days before boarding their flight to the transit country and then take both tests again in the transit country within two days before boarding the plane flying directly to China. Foreigners shall apply at the Chinese Embassy/Consulates in the transit country for a green health declaration code with the “HDC” mark with certificates of negative results of both tests
IMPORTANT | 敬请理解
- We will do our very best to accommodate you before your essential travel, but we make no promises that you will receive results before your travel date. There are some things that are not within our control especially since we are not processing your test — LifeLabs is the company processing your test.
- We have no control on how quickly LifeLabs does your test. We cannot speed it up. We cannot make sure we get it back in a specified amount of time. We cannot guarantee your results will be available by a specific date.
- The RT-PCR COVID-19 test is conducted by LifeLabs and is a laboratory validated assay for COVID-19. However, there is no guarantee that the COVID-19 test is 100% accurate.
- We do not hold any responsibility if you are denied boarding of your flight, or denied entry into your connecting or final destination as a result of the COVID-19 testing and/or letter of health you receive from us.
- 本诊所尽全力为您服务，在旅行前出具检验报告。由于LifeLabs 化验室的部分不在本诊所控制之内，我们无法加快，也不能100%确保在某一天收到报告。核酸测试是现行的通行检测手段，但准确率达不到100%。如果您持本诊所提供的新冠检验报告被拒绝登机，或不能进入旅行目的地，本诊所不能就此负责。
Criteria for Essential Travel COVID-19 Testing | 符合新冠检测的条件
We have very strict criteria on who can qualify for essential travel COVID-19 testing. You must meet all of the following to qualify:
- You are not feeling sick and you do not have COVID-19 symptoms.
- You are required to travel for an essential reason such as for work, repatriation or other mandatory reason.
- If you are travelling for vacation or pleasure reasons, you do not qualify and we will not test you.
- You require a negative COVID-19 test before your essential travel.
What type of COVID-19 Test do you do? | 我诊所提供的新冠检测类型
We conduct COVID-19 testing with a nasal swab, which is a soft swab inserted into your nose to reach the back of your throat. Once the sample is collected, it is sent to LifeLabs where the labs test for COVID-19 by a technique called Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR). This technique is also called Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT).
We are now offering the antibody (IgM) testing along with the nasal swab, which are both approved by the Canadian health authorities and are accepted by most countries and airlines. All our samples are to be sent to Lifelabs which is the only approved and accredited lab within BC. It is also advised that you book your test within 48-72 hours before your flight date, or according to the timeframe that your specific airline has indicated.
我们诊所采用鼻咽拭子测试，用一个软拭子从鼻腔进入咽喉，采集样本。样本由 LifeLabs 化验室采用逆转录聚合酶链反应（RT-PCR）技术进行化验，即俗称核酸检验。本诊所不做抗体检测，也不做血清测试。
Costs | 费用
Unfortunately, essential travel testing is not covered by public funding and is private pay only.
Total Cost: $375 per test
Non Refundable Deposit: $165
We will charge the non refundable deposit when we give you an appointment time.
Please note: In order to help our community and make the test available for all essential travellers on a reasonable price, we decide to reduce the prices with high end medical services, effective as of October 26, 2020.
How do I schedule a COVID-19 test for essential travel? | 预约检测时间步骤
- Click the “Book your test” button to book an appointment at the North Vancouver location. If you are having difficulty, contact our clinic directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make sure your name is spelled correctly
- Please make sure you enter your email correctly – we communicate exclusively by email
- Note: Each country has their own requirements for the time required and we ask that you double check with your airline before booking your test
- Once we receive confirmation of your initial deposit, please ensure the form linked on the email you received after step 1 is completed. the authorization form, we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible with an appointment time. If you do not hear from us 5 days before your flight, please email us immediately with the subject “URGENT BOOKING NEEDED”.
Note: We reserve the right to charge you the $165 non-refundable deposit. If you are given an appointment time and cancel or no show, we will charge the non-refundable deposit to the credit card we have on file.
What do I do on the day of my test? | 检测当日注意事项
On your appointment day, arrive on time to the Integrated Wellness Medical Centre in North Vancouver. Please make sure you:
- WEAR A FACE MASK before entering the clinic. A cloth face mask is fine.
- CLEAN YOUR HANDS when you enter and leave the clinic. Please do not wear gloves.
- ONLY BRING ESSENTIAL items.
There are no other special preparations required.
What happens after my test? | 检测后须知事项
After we conduct the nasal swab, your swab will be sent to LifeLabs at the end of the day. LifeLabs does the test as soon as they can. After the test is complete they send us the report. Sometimes the test can take longer because of how many tests LifeLabs has to run.
Due to delays at LifeLab, we require at least 2 days to get your test result back and sometimes up to 3 days. Once we receive your test results, we immediately email the COVID-19 Medical Certificate and results to you.
When will I get my result? | 提供检测报告的时间
The swabs are sent to LifeLabs on the same day you get the test at our Clinic. LifeLabs processes this test, which takes up to 5+ calendar days, but most are done within 2-3 calendar days. We do not have any control over the time, and cannot promise a specific delivery time of your results.
Rarely, there are issues with the swabs and results cannot be generated. We do not hold any responsibility if your travel plans are interrupted as a result of the COVID-19 testing done by us at the clinic.
Once we receive your results from the lab we will issue you a COVID-19 Medical Certificate. This will be sent to you by email along with a copy of your LifeLab results. You must have the Medical Certificate and the lab result to make the certificate valid.
Please review the chart below for details on the expected timeline
|Day of Test|
|Day you will likely receive your results|
|Day you are expected to receive your results*|
Saturday (if we are open)
Sunday (if we are open)
*Please give us a call if you have not received results by this time.